is it really easier to get laid abroad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
S_Parc wrote:
NorthAmericanguy wrote:What? P4P is not a long term solution? Why isn't it if I don't want a long term relationship with a woman anyway.

And what do you mean about "not strong enough" to survive a relationship with a woman? This is something that a woman would say in order to make a man feel inadequate in his decision to seek sexual relief in prostitutes.
IMHO, a real GFE with a top tier professional is better than a relationship, esp nowadays, as relationships have little to offer a man, long term.

If one's a believer in undying love or the Easter Bunny or whitewater rafting in Death Valley, well, that's a different story :roll:

However, if you believe in large families and want to resettle in let's say Brazil, with the idea that your life will involve lots of inlaws (& perhaps even some outlaws), then you're a different kind of person & hopefully, you've got your ducks lined up for that kind of experience.
My take is that DJ wants a wife really bad and the issue is that this website attracts guys who are in the P4P and in some kind of way it bothers guys like DJ because P4P is genuinely not his thing.

Hay, I'm all for the guy getting married and it really is terrible that men (not just DJ) can't find decent woman in this country.
Here's the thing ... I had the option of getting married to my Brazilian ex-GF and doing the whole extended family in South America. I'd opted out but if one's up for that type of life, where one ... you're not just a 'couple' per se but a part of a extended network of family members, and you're good at dealing with the politicking involved, with various plausible conflicting interests, then that's a possibility for many of us on this board.

The problem, however, is that the nuclear USA family hasn't given many of us those experiences growing up, so it can be a challenge. I recommend DJ and others to learn Portuguese and spend time in Brazil, getting to know not only women but also themselves, and how they see themselves interacting with others. If you can make it work, then you've got yourself that family life, sorely lacking in the homeland.

I, for one, have decided to be happy where I am and thus, I find my brief Canadian excursions to be all that I need to be satiated. In a way, I liken it to what Thoreau did at Walden Pond, some century and half ago, but with a broader knowledge that the male species likes to boink, periodically, and not just meditate & write essays by the lake.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

^I agree. Going from a life of solitude and being on your own, to a family man where the whole family is now counting on you without any practice, in all actuality, is probably much more difficult then it looks.

Also, when you marry, you're suppose to get assistance from your OWN family, but how can that happen when you pack up and move to another country.
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

Post by ExpeditionSailor »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:^I agree. Going from a life of solitude and being on your own, to a family man where the whole family is now counting on you without any practice, in all actuality, is probably much more difficult then it looks.
Boy, don't I know that. When I met my now ex-wife in 2003, I was 40 years old and living a pretty solitary existence and becoming set in my ways. I wasn't prepared for all the responsibilities and burdens marriage can impose, and I think that the lack of preparation played a contributory role in the demise of my marriage. I'll admit that I am a lazy bugger who is not much inclined to do yardwork. Ex-wife could be quite anal about how the driveway was to be shovelled whenever it snowed. If there was any ice build-up, my usual solution was to hit it with ice-melting salt and sand rather than scraping it up with a shovel, as my wife wanted me to do.

So yes, going from singleton status to family life without any chance to prepare can be quite jarring and stressful.
Also, when you marry, you're suppose to get assistance from your OWN family, but how can that happen when you pack up and move to another country.
Well, I got virtually no assistance from my family when I got married. Sure, they were there for the wedding and subsequent reception, and my aunt and uncle and cousins were supportive (both parents died years before so couldn't be there).
My sister was less overtly supportive - and I suspect somewhat jealous because I got married, and she was still trying, after many years, to get her common-law husband to agree to go to the altar.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

ExpeditionSailor wrote:
NorthAmericanguy wrote:^I agree. Going from a life of solitude and being on your own, to a family man where the whole family is now counting on you without any practice, in all actuality, is probably much more difficult then it looks.
Boy, don't I know that. When I met my now ex-wife in 2003, I was 40 years old and living a pretty solitary existence and becoming set in my ways. I wasn't prepared for all the responsibilities and burdens marriage can impose, and I think that the lack of preparation played a contributory role in the demise of my marriage. I'll admit that I am a lazy bugger who is not much inclined to do yardwork. Ex-wife could be quite anal about how the driveway was to be shovelled whenever it snowed. If there was any ice build-up, my usual solution was to hit it with ice-melting salt and sand rather than scraping it up with a shovel, as my wife wanted me to do.

So yes, going from singleton status to family life without any chance to prepare can be quite jarring and stressful.
This is incredibly common in modern marriages. Imagine the opposite scenario. You come home and you're pissed off tht the house isn't cleaned to your standards, the meal isnt ready for you, etc. What if you laid any of that on your wife. She and every woman she knows would be calling you a pig for expecting her do perform duties and then criticizing her for how those chores are performed.

Once a marriage gets to the point where your value is only in the way you do the yard work and shovel the snow' you are no longer a husband, you're the tired help. At that point Thr marriage is over.

I too loathe yard work, but it isn't because I am lazy. I mow the lawn when I have time, hire a guy once in a while to cut back the jungle, and currently have no one telling me I am lazy because of it.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Is getting laid easier abroad?

I think it depends on the guy. I mean if you can get laid in the states than overseas would be no problem but let say you have hard time here. It depends on which country you go to. If your talking about P4P action...well even here in the states you can pay for sex...

But again it depends on which countries you travel to. I think for Asian American guys ..in USA it's tough because the stereotypes of Asian men makes it harder to date or get laid in the states. Where as going back to Asia your more normal .

About the old age vs young age. I think the best years for man where he is most attractive is 28-32 years old. I mean at 28 your not too old to date a 20 years old girl (I'm talking in USA) over seas 28-32 is mature enough for any women.

Just my thinking once you get to your 40's it helps if your really accomplish with something to give you an edge. Usually the guys with some accomplishment and money can get a younger girl friend or wife. Like for example a 43 years old doctor with a 28 years old girl friend. I seen this in USA. I imagine it can happen overseas too.

But if your over 45 and out shape and not accomplish...well it's going to be harder to get a younger girl or maybe any girl.