BIG hypothetical question here...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

BIG hypothetical question here...

Post by manly5000 »

Guys,

Hypothetically speaking... and this is BIGTIME hypothetical...

If I finished paying off my debts and saved a few grand, could I move to the Phils (or any other country) and survive? Like maybe somewhere out in the provinces in a small village where a farmer will put me to work tilling his land or something...

I am absolutely sick of day to day life in America, the rate race and all its bullshit, spoiled skanky slutty AW (who despite them being slutty and me being a good-looking guy STILL don't give me the time of day even if I wanted it) and all their bullshit, and am going to completely lose it soon if I don't get out.

I guess I'm hoping that once I'm debt-free, the world will be my oyster and I will be truly free with no liabilities and nothing to tie me back to the 'states. Just traveling from place to place Jack Dawson style sleeping under bridges in distant exotic lands holds far more appeal to me than sitting in a f***ing cube being paid jack shit to do the job of 3 different men with no hope of a good-paying future.

What would happen if I came to the Phils and was out in the province somewhere trying to eek out a living and ran out of cash? With nobody back in the 'states to call on for assistance, would I be doomed to just wander around as a homeless bum until I finally keel over?

Or is there always SOME way for people to survive over there no matter how poor they are?

Just curious... *sigh*

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

CheezeRaider
Freshman Poster

Post by CheezeRaider »

Bad Idea. I feel your pain, but it's not the way to go. Your letting your frustration over ride your common sense.

I don't know what your current education level or finance is , but you need a better plan.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Never said that this was the plan or that I didn't already have a sensible long-term plan in place. Just asking this as a hypothetical scenario is all.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: BIG hypothetical question here...

Post by Rock »

manly5000 wrote:Guys,

If I finished paying off my debts and saved a few grand, could I move to the Phils (or any other country) and survive? Like maybe somewhere out in the provinces in a small village where a farmer will put me to work tilling his land or something...

I am absolutely sick of day to day life in America, the rate race and all its bullshit, spoiled skanky slutty AW (who despite them being slutty and me being a good-looking guy STILL don't give me the time of day even if I wanted it) and all their bullshit, and am going to completely lose it soon if I don't get out.

I guess I'm hoping that once I'm debt-free, the world will be my oyster and I will be truly free with no liabilities and nothing to tie me back to the 'states. Just traveling from place to place Jack Dawson style sleeping under bridges in distant exotic lands holds far more appeal to me than sitting in a f***ing cube being paid jack shit to do the job of 3 different men with no hope of a good-paying future.

What would happen if I came to the Phils and was out in the province somewhere trying to eek out a living and ran out of cash? With nobody back in the 'states to call on for assistance, would I be doomed to just wander around as a homeless bum until I finally keel over?

Or is there always SOME way for people to survive over there no matter how poor they are?

Just curious... *sigh*
I suppose if the person in question is a native English speaker with a 4 yr. uni degree, he always has that asset to fall back on if he found out living the ultra cheap life in a place like PI was not as romantic and frustration free as expected. All he would need to do once he got sick of it would be to scrape together enough cash to fly to Taiwan, intensively search for jobs for 2-4 weeks, get the work permit, and start earning again. His white skin, American accent, uni degree from a western institution, and first world passport is what would separate him from a locally educated Filipino with good English skills.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: BIG hypothetical question here...

Post by OutWest »

manly5000 wrote:Guys,

Just curious... *sigh*

I do live in the provinces in a rural area of Mindanao, and though it can be cheap, it is not
free, and what you propose is a formula for disaster. You need ongoing income, and working
for the locals IS NOT an option.One way or the other, you need ongoing income.
You might earn this online. It takes a proven plan, and at least 10k available.
This assumes you are frugal and not much into night life.
In the provinces, to live very modestly, allow about $150 for housing, and with a
bedroom window AC, about $80 for electric. The price of electricity has gone up quite a
bit.If you eat local food, you can live on $100 on food, but you will likely spend more.
Overall I would allow about $750 per month for frugal living. Now someone will pipe in
here how they live for less, but I am speaking of what I would advise. In the provinces,
you can find a way to have a good life with what I am suggesting.

The question is, do you want to survive in the Philippines, or THRIVE in the Philippines?
One will wear you down, the other will give you a life....

Outwest,
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Thanks for the input guys.

Well of course I'd prefer to thrive... I'd love nothing more than to come up with a way to have at least a 1-2 grand per month passive income (or at LEAST a way to make that "working from home" over the computer once I've touched down in the Phils) but I'm not terribly business savvy. I tried my hand at writing short stories on a blog but I couldn't get people to even check them out and reply so making money that way with Google Adsense and the like seems like a no-go for me.

But the problem is, each day it gets harder and harder just to wake up and go to work. Every day it gets harder to simply walk out the door and just interact with this toxic society. Everywhere I look I'm bombarded with images and scenes of "happy" couples together, families together, people just enjoying life and the company of their friends and loved ones, and it perpetually reminds me of the fact that I have nobody, family or otherwise, ever since my ex destroyed our marriage and my life and turned my very own family against me, resulting in them betraying and deserting me and essentially taking her in as their own during the whole ordeal.

No family, no women, not even any real friends, and screwed over for all time by everyone I used to care about. There is literally nothing for me here and it's completely destroyed my spirit. All I get to do every day is watch everyone else out there enjoying life and having people in their lives, knowing full well that I will never EVER have that again here.

I have to get out or I'm going to completely crack. It's just a damn shame that my skills that keep me employed here are useless for employment in the Phils.

Oh and I only have an Associate's degree. Probably not worth anything in Korea or elsewhere. Can't afford to take classes and finish a Bachelor's. Awesome.

Anyway thanks again for your input.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

manly5000 wrote: But the problem is, each day it gets harder and harder just to wake up and go to work. Every day it gets harder to simply walk out the door and just interact with this toxic society. Everywhere I look I'm bombarded with images and scenes of "happy" couples together, families together, people just enjoying life and the company of their friends and loved ones, and it perpetually reminds me of the fact that I have nobody, family or otherwise, ever since my ex destroyed our marriage and my life and turned my very own family against me, resulting in them betraying and deserting me and essentially taking her in as their own during the whole ordeal.

No family, no women, not even any real friends, and screwed over for all time by everyone I used to care about. There is literally nothing for me here and it's completely destroyed my spirit. All I get to do every day is watch everyone else out there enjoying life and having people in their lives, knowing full well that I will never EVER have that again here.

I have to get out or I'm going to completely crack.
Hi manly5000, I feel the same way you do sometimes, living here in the United Lonely States of America. Like Winston has said, in the US, your supposed to have this great social life or at least make it look like you have a great social life. :D

I am saving my money so I can travel to some foreign countries and actually start having a social life! :D Here is a song I like that reminds all of us, that were are not the only lonely people out there.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

manly5000 wrote:
But the problem is, each day it gets harder and harder just to wake up and go to work. Every day it gets harder to simply walk out the door and just interact with this toxic society.
I think this is your main problem; work. You need to find a better job, or even better, find a trade working with your hands so you can be your own boss and make good money while doing it.

I would feel just like you if it wasn't for my business. I LOVE what I do and I get to make good money working on estates, custom homes, and large buildings outside in the sunshine AWAY from toxic people. Also, I can realistically work towards my financial retirement goal while at the same time blow some money on a pro here in the states just to keep me sane until I get to a better place with better (and cheaper) women.

Shoot to make around 70k US currency a year, thats GOOD money for a single guy with no kids.

Here are some good trade ideas, some of which are rescission proof:

Landscaping
High end car detail
Carpet cleaning
Window Cleaning
Aquascape
Hardscaping
Boat Repair <--- You can take that skill around the world.
Barber
Residential/commercial cleaning <-- That's a good way to make quick fast cash. Hire some girls to work for you.

manly5000 wrote:Everywhere I look I'm bombarded with images and scenes of "happy" couples together, families together, people just enjoying life and the company of their friends and loved ones
It does not mean all is good at home. In the public, American people put on a mask and they hide what's really going on. Many of those people feel just like you, but for them they have no escape because they don't even know about the option of moving to another country. You know, they think USA is #1 and all.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

In 6 months you would be bored to tears and run back to America. I made it about 2 years before I had to come back.

The ideal is finding a high-paying job in Saudi or something, saving up a few hundred thousand, then taking extended (six month?) vacations in Brazil or Russia every other year.

But that is a high-wire act that only Ladislav seems to be able to pull off.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.