Marriage Is The Province of the Poor and the Stupid

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

OzGuy wrote:I agree. Marriage only benefits the woman. Men get no benefit at all - in fact men can lose everything.
While I agree with the original post; most guys are getting screwed and should never get married...in my specific case marriage definitely benefits the man. ;)

My woman does all the laundry, cooking, cleaning, makes all my appointments, acts as my voice when i dont feel like talking to someone, and makes money from her business, and delivers excellent HJ/BJ. Ah such a tough life. ;). I can't remember the last time I had to do anything, she does everything. I just go to the office and make bucks, go out, come home late if I want, spend money, work out, relax.

I'd be crazy if I said marriage wasn't benefiting me in a huge way. I hated doing trivial but necessary tasks when I was single and have no interest in going back to that life. Plus she's really fun to be around. Like super wife!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

sushiman wrote: While I agree with the original post; most guys are getting screwed and should never get married...in my specific case marriage definitely benefits the man. ;)

My woman does all the laundry, cooking, cleaning, makes all my appointments, acts as my voice when i dont feel like talking to someone, and makes money from her business, and delivers excellent HJ/BJ. Ah such a tough life. ;). I can't remember the last time I had to do anything, she does everything. I just go to the office and make bucks, go out, come home late if I want, spend money, work out, relax.

I'd be crazy if I said marriage wasn't benefiting me in a huge way. I hated doing trivial but necessary tasks when I was single and have no interest in going back to that life. Plus she's really fun to be around. Like super wife!
Ok what nationality is she and where is she from and how did you meet her?
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

sushiman wrote:While I agree with the original post; most guys are getting screwed and should never get married...in my specific case marriage definitely benefits the man. ;)

Sounds like you lucked out. Good for you man. +1
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

Korean!

After meeting in the US by pure chance we decided to move here as the US is a bad influence on a happy marriage life. People there couldn't believe my woman cooked three meals a day and actually tried to talk her out of it! They wouldnt shut up about it. We got sick of listening to them and their lame advice. Aside from marrying her the decision to get us away from that environment was the smartest thing I've done.

If you find a good Korean woman she'll jump in front of a bullet for you, seriously. Its like a club "dudes with korean wives", when i meet these guys its high five time and many lead the same great life. But I know other guys who have had it this good, but f***ed it up by taking it for granted.

Also there are bat shit crazy Korean chicks like you can't believe, dated one, scary shit. Really really scary, someone could get killed scary. But if you find a good one they are great wife material in my opinion.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

sushiman wrote: Korean!
ah-HAH!
sushiman wrote: After meeting in the US by pure chance we decided to move here as the US is a bad influence on a happy marriage life. People there couldn't believe my woman cooked three meals a day and actually tried to talk her out of it! They wouldnt shut up about it. We got sick of listening to them and their lame advice.
Indeed it seems that the Borg is always on a mission to break you down into being one of them. Same crap I get about wanting to re-marry, wanting more kids, wanting a younger woman, wanting to leave America. Yammering zombies from every angle.
sushiman wrote: Aside from marrying her the decision to get us away from that environment was the smartest thing I've done.
Congratulations. Vision + Action.

sushiman wrote: Its like a club "dudes with korean wives", when i meet these guys its high five time and many lead the same great life.

OK, sorry sushiman, but you are clearly just too damn happy to let this go easily. So I am going to go all Winston on you with multiple questions:

(1) Big concern most would have about moving there would be difficulty of integrating. Koreans are known as pretty nationalistic people. Do you find it hard to connect and make friends?

(2) Do locals speak much English and/or do you speak much Korean?

(3) Do you work locally or via internet?

(4) What race are you? How are you treated in public and on first meeting?

(5) Are there a lot of mixed couples there? Do you socialize together?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Jester wrote:
aozora13 wrote:

DJ4Money is referring to marrying a non-American women. I believe he wants to have a relationship with a woman who wants to have a long term relationship which will quickly lead to marriage (no long courtship) and then possibly have a 1 or 2 children. This will be with a women from Europe and/or countries like Ukraine/Russia/Belarus so I think if you want children possibly marriage is for you. Other than that it does not benefit men in the west.
Similar to me... easiest thing for me is stay right where I am, import a young lady from the Old Country, and she'll do fine in the ocean of immigrants here.

easier for me to make a living here than in the FSU (or wherever).

But I have to MARRY her to do that.

We'll see.
As I said elsewhere -

If she is Western European by birth or by residency status, then we'll likely stay where she lives in the near term. In the long term, save for Southern France and few other places with a climate similar to Southern California, we'll likely end up back in the US long term.

If she is Eastern European, we'll have come back to the US because a US passport will give her the most options.

We may just stay as Jester said, I think long term California will ride out the turbulence much better than most of the country and recover much faster. California is home of IT as well and its spread from San Jose to San Diego, so you can pick where you want to live. Also with the HSR (High Speed Rail) becoming reality soon, I just have to wait a few years before I can apply to keep the infrastructure of the rail system up and running (computers) and that will be job security until retirement.

Another friend of mine married his Russian girlfriend a year ago in August. He didn't find her through the usual MOB circles, she was on an Interracial Forum.

I am confident I can find what I want.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

Haha, well you know, you can't marry an American woman, and in my opinion you can't marry a foreign woman and live with her in the states and not expect trouble. So that means marry a foreign woman and live abroad somewhere, or live abroad and don't get married. If you live in a different culture there will be annoying things, sure. I just accept these things and laugh, better than being in the f***ing states!! I also meditate once a day so I don't kill people! ;)
Jester wrote:
OK, sorry sushiman, but you are clearly just too damn happy to let this go easily. So I am going to go all Winston on you with multiple questions:

(1) Big concern most would have about moving there would be difficulty of integrating. Koreans are known as pretty nationalistic people. Do you find it hard to connect and make friends?

--Great question. Integrating into Korea isn't realistic. A foreigner will never be accepted here even after you are a citizen. But I get along better than most, I eat kimchi and smile, I speak some Korean, I understand their ways, people appreciate that. Strangers just ignore me, which is perfect. I'm connected thru family and business, if you aren't connected here your f***ed.

--I speak some Korean, they don't speak much English here, it's pretty bad. Not as bad as China maybe, but bad. Language isn't the problem, their limited understanding of the world is the problem.

-- locally

--White. That's complicated. The assumption is that you must of course be 1) english teacher, or 2) military...and you do drugs, probably snort coke (off a hookers belly), you are a perv, you have dailly sex parties, run over school girls with your tank and laugh evil style, all sorts of funny stereotypes. You encounter racism. You get rejected from clubs, some people look at you suspiciously. Some old people hate foreigners. Koreans are clueless about the world. They only know one way, the Korean way!

But you know what, I don't care. And after all the negative shit I just mentioned...99% of my interactions involve pleasant people who bow my way and smile sincerely and mind their own business.

--NO! Any Korean woman seen with a foreigner must be a whore!!! If they see the ring then maybe she's not a whore, but still they don't necessarily like the idea. Plus any foreign couple would be english teachers or whatnot and I can't really identify with them for the most part. It's like "lone wolf" style life out here, which I like.
So yeah, I don't think it is realistic to think any foreign country is going to be perfect. Pick a place that suits your nature and don't sweat what you can't change. Life isn't that hard. Just gotta appreciate. And don't self destruct, a lot of dudes self destruct.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

sushiman wrote:...Integrating into Korea isn't realistic.

--I speak some Korean, they don't speak much English here, it's pretty bad. ... Language isn't the problem, their limited understanding of the world is the problem...

...White. That's complicated. The assumption is that you must of course be 1) english teacher, or 2) military...and you do drugs, probably snort coke (off a hookers belly)...

But you know what, I don't care. And after all the negative shit I just mentioned...99% of my interactions involve pleasant people who bow my way and smile sincerely and mind their own business.

...mixed couples there? Do you socialize together?

--NO! Any Korean woman seen with a foreigner must be a whore!!! If they see the ring then maybe she's not a whore, but still they don't necessarily like the idea. Plus any foreign couple would be english teachers or whatnot and I can't really identify with them for the most part. It's like "lone wolf" style life out here, which I like....

So yeah, I don't think it is realistic to think any foreign country is going to be perfect. Pick a place that suits your nature and don't sweat what you can't change. Life isn't that hard. Just gotta appreciate. And don't self destruct, a lot of dudes self destruct.
The don't self-destruct thing - actually very profound. To me it's always good to hear someone state the basics that perhaps SHOULD be obvious. Hard to win a race while chasing one's tail.

Thanks for your clear answers.

As much as I admire Korean toughness, female beauty, and historical mini-series, I don't think it would work for me. Very thin-skinned, not a lone wolf or emotionally tough like you.

"Pick a place that suits your nature."

Again, something that SHOULD be obvious... I'll ponder this a bit.

I'm friendly like Filipinos, hotheaded and arrogant like Russian Armenians. Hmmm.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

I remember seeing my dad leaned against my mom while watching the 7 o'clock news, we had a big couch but that's how they sat. Seeing them play .. she's clutching on to a bowl of chawal (sweet rice pudding) & he's trying his very best to get it from her, he had his but wants hers, just for the heck of it lol ... none of you have memories like that growing up ... no hope that you could have such ... ???
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

sushiman wrote:Haha, well you know, you can't marry an American woman, and in my opinion you can't marry a foreign woman and live with her in the states and not expect trouble. So that means marry a foreign woman and live abroad somewhere, or live abroad and don't get married. If you live in a different culture there will be annoying things, sure. I just accept these things and laugh, better than being in the f***ing states!! I also meditate once a day so I don't kill people! ;)
Jester wrote:

--Great question. Integrating into Korea isn't realistic. A foreigner will never be accepted here even after you are a citizen. But I get along better than most, I eat kimchi and smile, I speak some Korean, I understand their ways, people appreciate that. Strangers just ignore me, which is perfect. I'm connected thru family and business, if you aren't connected here your f***ed.

--I speak some Korean, they don't speak much English here, it's pretty bad. Not as bad as China maybe, but bad. Language isn't the problem, their limited understanding of the world is the problem.

-- locally

--White. That's complicated. The assumption is that you must of course be 1) english teacher, or 2) military...and you do drugs, probably snort coke (off a hookers belly), you are a perv, you have dailly sex parties, run over school girls with your tank and laugh evil style, all sorts of funny stereotypes. You encounter racism. You get rejected from clubs, some people look at you suspiciously. Some old people hate foreigners. Koreans are clueless about the world. They only know one way, the Korean way!

But you know what, I don't care. And after all the negative sh** I just mentioned...99% of my interactions involve pleasant people who bow my way and smile sincerely and mind their own business.

--NO! Any Korean woman seen with a foreigner must be a whore!!! If they see the ring then maybe she's not a whore, but still they don't necessarily like the idea. Plus any foreign couple would be english teachers or whatnot and I can't really identify with them for the most part. It's like "lone wolf" style life out here, which I like.

The words of the prophets are written on subway walls...
Excalibur
Freshman Poster

Post by Excalibur »

I must confess that internet has educated me a lot about what it means for a man to incur the risk of getting married with an American woman. It has literally opened my eyes.

My view is that if you really have a woman who cares about you and understands your concerns, she will accept your decision not to marry her. It's that simple...