What would you do if you became homeless?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: What would you do if you became homeless?

Post by HouseMD »

Tsar wrote:
January 13th, 2023, 2:42 pm
Imagine you run out of money and are homeless. Would you kill yourself at that point? Seriously, how could you even escape something like that?
I've been homeless. I found a minimum wage job, lived out of my car, eventually got a roommate, and then got a better job etc. Never give up, never surrender. Such is the way of being a man

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
January 14th, 2023, 6:52 pm
1) Move to San Francisco, 2) Apply for welfare in San Francisco and live off government benefits on taxpayer's dime.
3)As a side hustle, steal up to $950 of merchandise everyday and sell on the open market 4)Profit. Repeat number 3

Because San Francisco's Prop 47 treats shoplifting up to $950 as a misdemeanor, the shop employees can't stop you(they get fired for that), even if
you are caught, the police would let you go and prosecutor won't bother to investigate.
Sounds like an Anarchist's paradise. Make up to $950 a day from stolen merchandise, have a roof and meals paid for by government. Plus, if you're good looking and bother showering everyday, you will probably date more than those Asian or Indian nerds working for Unicorns and paying $5,000 a month in rent.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Tsar wrote:
Imagine you run out of money and are homeless. Would you kill yourself at that point? Seriously, how could you even escape something like that?
Tsar, is that your situation right now? I get a feeling that it is. You've talked about it before.

You have Italian citizenship right? An EU Passport? Go to Italy. Italians help there own. They will set you up. You will get social benefits, probably a free apartment and other benefits.

Another option. You said you have friends in here right? Have any of them offered to help you out? If they are in Europe they could offer to put you up a few nights or weeks. Just until you get on your feet. That's what friends do. If my situation was different I would even help you out.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MrMan wrote:
January 14th, 2023, 5:16 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 13th, 2023, 11:40 pm
Mercury wrote:
January 13th, 2023, 10:24 pm
Tsar wrote:
If I ever became homeless, I'd head straight for the Mexico border.

Homelessness is illegal under Federal law in the United States of America. Every day and night, hundreds of homeless people sleeping under bridges, overpasses, on sidewalks, and even in forest preserves are arrested by the FBI and Homeland Security and are taken straight to Federal lockup, with many of them ending up sentenced to decades in prison. They are locked up with the serial killers, child predators, robbers, burglars, and violent felons.

In Mexico, the police don't generally harass homeless people like that. In Mexico, homeless people don't usually go to jail for sleeping under a bridge, in a forest preserve, or in a tent city.
Is this true? If what you're saying is true then that is f***ing awful! A testament to how f***ing disgusting this current system is!
Mercury does this, and I think Mercury might, too--- tell a story about a false dystopic alternate reality. So for example, Mercer might say it is a federal crime with the death penalty to approach a woman and try to talk to her on the street. It's a common theme in his posts. I don't know if it is blackpill culture to do that.

Federal laws do not typically delve into this level of crime. Murder is not a federal crime, typically, unless it is a federal official. There may be some laws governing the military and seaways that are not under any state. But typically, murder is the domain of the state.

There are local vagrancy laws, but I don't think it is against a federal law to sleep in a tent city. You might trespass or be on state property during unauthorized hours or something like that. It is tough to be homeless in some areas.
It's terrible either way. Homelessness should not exist at all. It makes me incredibly sad that people are forced into destitution. In London for example hundreds of pounds have been invested into putting barriers on benches, which people mistake as arm rests, but in reality are to stop homeless people sleeping on them. And also spikes have been installed under bridges and shop windows as well. As though people being destitute and homeless is a massive inconvenience :roll:

Why wasn't this money invested into providing them with more help and care? It's so sad, honestly.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

publicduende wrote:
January 14th, 2023, 9:04 pm
January 14th, 2023, 6:52 pm
1) Move to San Francisco, 2) Apply for welfare in San Francisco and live off government benefits on taxpayer's dime.
3)As a side hustle, steal up to $950 of merchandise everyday and sell on the open market 4)Profit. Repeat number 3

Because San Francisco's Prop 47 treats shoplifting up to $950 as a misdemeanor, the shop employees can't stop you(they get fired for that), even if
you are caught, the police would let you go and prosecutor won't bother to investigate.
Sounds like an Anarchist's paradise. Make up to $950 a day from stolen merchandise, have a roof and meals paid for by government. Plus, if you're good looking and bother showering everyday, you will probably date more than those Asian or Indian nerds working for Unicorns and paying $5,000 a month in rent.
I am not making this up. You can literally do that right now if your homeless. Plus the weather is nice all year in California.
And yes, those female Silicon Valley engineers are lonely and need a man's touch. They been coding for 12-16 hours everyday, so sometimes
I get to come over their expensive house and bang them and they will be my sugar mama, giving me solid "cash" allowance of $1000-$2000 a month. (If you receive it electronically, your welfare will not be in effect because your above welfare threshold).
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
shogunpanda007
Freshman Poster

Post by shogunpanda007 »

HouseMD wrote:
January 14th, 2023, 8:36 pm
Tsar wrote:
I've been homeless. I found a minimum wage job, lived out of my car, eventually got a roommate, and then got a better job etc. Never give up, never surrender. Such is the way of being a man
I'm proud of you Dr. House. Love your TV show.

This optimistic attitude is what these other miserable incels lack; they blame others, blame the world for their own laziness & lack of will to succeed in a cold world.

Being accountable for your own personal success despite all the odds/ stats saying you'll fail anyways is a powerful way to take back control of your life.

Is life fair? Hell no! We only have this one life given to use by a Higher Power. Make the best of it, help others, & do something incredible with your lives!
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

shogunpanda007 wrote:
January 15th, 2023, 8:20 am
HouseMD wrote:
Tsar wrote:

This optimistic attitude is what these other miserable incels lack; they blame others, blame the world for their own laziness & lack of will to succeed in a cold world.

Being accountable for your own personal success despite all the odds/ stats saying you'll fail anyways is a powerful way to take back control of your life.

Is life fair? Hell no! We only have this one life given to use by a Higher Power. Make the best of it, help others, & do something incredible with your lives!
What a solipsistic and ignorant attitude this is. You come across as a typical NPC with no compassion or empathy towards others, plus a complete lack of understanding at how difficult things can be for some people. Your reply made me want to vomit.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
shogunpanda007
Freshman Poster

Post by shogunpanda007 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 15th, 2023, 8:32 am
shogunpanda007 wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Tsar wrote:

What a solipsistic and ignorant attitude this is. You come across as a typical NPC with no compassion or empathy towards others, plus a complete lack of understanding at how difficult things can be for some people. Your reply made me want to vomit.
Just being honest. I don't have pity for people who refuse to improve themselves & constantly blame others for their own personal failures.

Everyone should get free welfare and have their student loans forgiven for making bad decisions in life right?

Everyone has their own struggles; but the difference between those who succeed and those who fade away in failure / obscurity is taking personal responsibility for your actions. Most people who end up in jail had impulse control issues and Narcissist traits refusing to acknowledge their own mistakes.

If you vomit. You expect others to clean up your mess? Grow up.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

shogunpanda007 wrote:
January 15th, 2023, 8:45 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
shogunpanda007 wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Tsar wrote:

Just being honest. I don't have pity for people who refuse to improve themselves & constantly blame others for their own personal failures.

Everyone should get free welfare and have their student loans forgiven for making bad decisions in life right?

Everyone has their own struggles; but the difference between those who succeed and those who fade away in failure / obscurity is taking personal responsibility for your actions. Most people who end up in jail had impulse control issues and Narcissist traits refusing to acknowledge their own mistakes.

Everyone is living on a knife edge and don't even realise it. This is the problem with mindless NPCs who are materially comfortable. They always blame those who are pushed to the brink of destitution and beyond as "lazy" or whatever other derogatory terms you can think of. Nobody ever thinks to question the system itself and how predatory it is.

All it takes is a string of bad luck, my nausea inducing friend, and you too could be homeless. You could lose your job and then lose your home when you can't pay the mortgage or rent. Let's hope it never actually comes to that though, eh? Better to live in ignorance :P
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

shogunpanda007 wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Tsar wrote:

Exactly. There is always a way to move forward so long as one has the will to keep fighting. Odds may be stacked against you, but that does not mean that you cannot find a way forward. These incels will blame everything from feminism to religion to their penis size for their failures, and would rather fabricate elaborate conspiracies to explain their own wallowing than to do something about it. Conspiracies are sometimes true, but the vast majority are fabricated by the weak of mind and spirit to protect their own egos, for taking responsibility for their own failures would destroy them. They need not feel responsibility if they blame it on Soros, the Jews, the Illuminati, Bezos, or Gates. They allow themselves to feel powerless because to believe they have any power is to admit that they, themselves, have failed in some way. Their entitled, childish souls cannot bear such a thought
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 15th, 2023, 10:29 am
shogunpanda007 wrote:
January 15th, 2023, 8:45 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
shogunpanda007 wrote:
HouseMD wrote:

Everyone is living on a knife edge and don't even realise it. This is the problem with mindless NPCs who are materially comfortable. They always blame those who are pushed to the brink of destitution and beyond as "lazy" or whatever other derogatory terms you can think of. Nobody ever thinks to question the system itself and how predatory it is.

All it takes is a string of bad luck, my nausea inducing friend, and you too could be homeless. You could lose your job and then lose your home when you can't pay the mortgage or rent. Let's hope it never actually comes to that though, eh? Better to live in ignorance :P
I've lost everything several times over. You get back up. You persevere. You move on. If you do not, you are not a man, and that is a personal and spiritual failure on your part
statnerd
Freshman Poster

Post by statnerd »

fschmidt wrote:
January 13th, 2023, 3:24 pm
Become a criminal.
That would be a last resort. Good luck getting a job that pays over minimum wage with a criminal record. Also, a lot of countries require background checks for visas.

But if it came down to it, the types of crimes where you could end up in a federal minimum security prison would be preferable, not stuff that can get you sent to a state prison where getting stabbed or taking it in the ass are more real threats.

I've read that Sikhs provide free meals and sometimes a place to stay for a little while at their temples. They aren't big on converting people to their religion, so you can just enjoy the help without feeling pressured.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
January 15th, 2023, 6:21 am
MrMan wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:
Mercury wrote:
Tsar wrote:

Homelessness is illegal under Federal law in the United States of America. Every day and night, hundreds of homeless people sleeping under bridges, overpasses, on sidewalks, and even in forest preserves are arrested by the FBI and Homeland Security and are taken straight to Federal lockup, with many of them ending up sentenced to decades in prison. They are locked up with the serial killers, child predators, robbers, burglars, and violent felons.

In Mexico, the police don't generally harass homeless people like that. In Mexico, homeless people don't usually go to jail for sleeping under a bridge, in a forest preserve, or in a tent city.
Is this true? If what you're saying is true then that is f***ing awful! A testament to how f***ing disgusting this current system is!
Mercury does this, and I think Mercury might, too--- tell a story about a false dystopic alternate reality. So for example, Mercer might say it is a federal crime with the death penalty to approach a woman and try to talk to her on the street. It's a common theme in his posts. I don't know if it is blackpill culture to do that.

Federal laws do not typically delve into this level of crime. Murder is not a federal crime, typically, unless it is a federal official. There may be some laws governing the military and seaways that are not under any state. But typically, murder is the domain of the state.

There are local vagrancy laws, but I don't think it is against a federal law to sleep in a tent city. You might trespass or be on state property during unauthorized hours or something like that. It is tough to be homeless in some areas.
It's terrible either way. Homelessness should not exist at all. It makes me incredibly sad that people are forced into destitution. In London for example hundreds of pounds have been invested into putting barriers on benches, which people mistake as arm rests, but in reality are to stop homeless people sleeping on them. And also spikes have been installed under bridges and shop windows as well. As though people being destitute and homeless is a massive inconvenience :roll:

Why wasn't this money invested into providing them with more help and care? It's so sad, honestly.
I read a news story that made me angry. Homeless people would go around with Don Quixote (grocery story) shopping carts in a neighborhood between Waikiki and downtown. One of the state legislators would use a sledge hammer to bust wheels off of shopping carts to keep the homeless from wheeling these carts around with their belongings in them. He didn't want the homeless in his neighborhood.

That made me angry to read about. Another Hawaii fellow I spoke with was angry when he read that, too. If I were in the police department, I'd have filed charges against that legislator. Some of the homeless people might have been guilty of theft or conversion for using the supermarket's shopping carts, but the legislator damaged their property, and for a very mean reason.

I heard that Cleveland, Ohio's government officials figured out it was cheaper to fly homeless people to Hawaii than to pay benefits. If I were in Hawaii and in charge of the decision in the government there, I might start flying homeless people back to Cleveland in the Spring or Summer. At least they could go somewhere, pursue some opportunities and not be stuck on an island. In terms of weather, I don't think you could find a better place in the whole US than Hawaii. But if you are there with little money, you are stuck, and there is huge competition for welfare resources as the Micronesians come in on the cheapest standby flights, exercising their right to come into the US. Having homeless people around could hurt their local economy, too. But a lot of tourists like to stay along the sub-optimal beach in Waikiki for some reason, so if they can keep the homeless from camping around there, it may not hurt their industry as much. Ironically, there is a nicer beach a little west of Waikiki with Banyan trees you can swing from, but the homeless hang out there and stink up the trees with their excretions if they don't feel like walking to the public toilet. They close parks at 10, so the homeless sleep there in the daytime.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

MrMan wrote:
January 16th, 2023, 8:55 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:
Mercury wrote:

I read a news story that made me angry. Homeless people would go around with Don Quixote (grocery story) shopping carts in a neighborhood between Waikiki and downtown. One of the state legislators would use a sledge hammer to bust wheels off of shopping carts to keep the homeless from wheeling these carts around with their belongings in them. He didn't want the homeless in his neighborhood.

That made me angry to read about. Another Hawaii fellow I spoke with was angry when he read that, too. If I were in the police department, I'd have filed charges against that legislator. Some of the homeless people might have been guilty of theft or conversion for using the supermarket's shopping carts, but the legislator damaged their property, and for a very mean reason.

I heard that Cleveland, Ohio's government officials figured out it was cheaper to fly homeless people to Hawaii than to pay benefits. If I were in Hawaii and in charge of the decision in the government there, I might start flying homeless people back to Cleveland in the Spring or Summer. At least they could go somewhere, pursue some opportunities and not be stuck on an island. In terms of weather, I don't think you could find a better place in the whole US than Hawaii. But if you are there with little money, you are stuck, and there is huge competition for welfare resources as the Micronesians come in on the cheapest standby flights, exercising their right to come into the US. Having homeless people around could hurt their local economy, too. But a lot of tourists like to stay along the sub-optimal beach in Waikiki for some reason, so if they can keep the homeless from camping around there, it may not hurt their industry as much. Ironically, there is a nicer beach a little west of Waikiki with Banyan trees you can swing from, but the homeless hang out there and stink up the trees with their excretions if they don't feel like walking to the public toilet. They close parks at 10, so the homeless sleep there in the daytime.
I don't get it, why not San Francisco? Much cheaper plane ticket, California is a liberal state, and San Francisco provide good government & local benefits for homeless people. Plus the homeless can supplement their income by stealing everything they need in stores. Remember, shoplifting up to $950 is a misdemeanor. The shop employees can't stop you or they get fired by the store, they can report you nevertheless, the police will let you go even if you get caught and the prosecutor won't even bother to investigate your case.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

January 16th, 2023, 9:17 am
MrMan wrote:
January 16th, 2023, 8:55 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Pixel--Dude wrote:

I don't get it, why not San Francisco? Much cheaper plane ticket, California is a liberal state, and San Francisco provide good government & local benefits for homeless people. Plus the homeless can supplement their income by stealing everything they need in stores. Remember, shoplifting up to $950 is a misdemeanor. The shop employees can't stop you or they get fired by the store, they can report you nevertheless, the police will let you go even if you get caught and the prosecutor won't even bother to investigate your case.
I was thinking some of the white homeless people had been in Cleveland and might feel like going home. But also this would be a way of teaching Cleveland a lesson not to do that again. Send them here....we wait a while then send them all back....bwahahaha.

But for the homeless people's benefit, San Diego might be pretty decent for weather for a mainland location. They'd theoretically have access to the large network of roads, etc. in the US if they could scrape up the cash for a Greyhound or whatever.