Are the Pessimists on this Forum Socially Awkward?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Are the Pessimists on this Forum Socially Awkward?

Post by Winston »

I think it's only "socially awkward" when you are trying to force something that won't naturally happen. For example if you approach a girl in the US and flirt aggressively, it will be seen as inappropriate and creepy and awkward. Because it is out of place. However, you can do the same in Brazil, Colombia or the Philippines and it may be reciprocated with enthusiasm, smiles, giggles and positive energy and excitement. In Brazil or Russia, a woman sees aggressiveness as a sign of strong masculinity so they view it positively. In that case it won't be awkward because it will FIT THE CULTURE. That's what people don't get. So if what I do fits the culture I won't be socially awkward. I have experienced this firsthand many times. So I KNOW it to be true.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Are the Pessimists on this Forum Socially Awkward?

Post by Winston »

Check out what Dr. Todd Grande has to say about people like us who think that "normal is wrong" and may have personality disorders without being aware of it. What do you think?

This video attempts to answer the question: Why does somebody with a personality disorder not seem to be aware they have a personality disorder? To get started with this question, it’s first important understand that some people who have personality disorders understand that they have a disorder. Others don't seem to have much awareness. Most people who have personality disorders have some awareness, but some areas with reduced awareness.

I'm going to start with a couple terms that I've used before other videos: ego-syntonic and ego-dystonic, and these terms come from the psychoanalytic school of thought. Ego-syntonic really means that somebody's emotions, behavior, cognitions are consistent with their values, beliefs, and their ideal self-image. Ego-dystonic means that their feelings, thoughts, and behaviors are inconsistent or unacceptable as compared to their values and beliefs.

Miller, J. D., Sleep, C. E., Lamkin, J., Vize, C., Campbell, W. K., & Lynam, D. R. (2018). Personality disorder traits: Perceptions of likability, impairment, and ability to change as correlates and moderators of desired level. Personality Disorders: Theory, Research, and Treatment, 9(5), 478–483.

Miller JD, Jones SE, & Lynam DR. (2011). Psychopathic traits from the perspective of self and informant reports: Is there evidence for a lack of insight? Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 120(3), 758–764
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne