Happier Abroad Debate on Reddit

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Re: Happier Abroad Debate on Reddit

Post by The_Adventurer »

Yohan wrote:
chanta76 wrote:Marcos,
I don't know if I call these guys self hating Asian guys and I think adventurer is correct many of the posters seems to be mixed Asian.
I do not think, these are mixed race guys/grrls - they are Asian-Americans, who lost any connection to their country in Asia, the 3rd or 4th generation of former immigrants mostly from China and Korea.

They do not have any higher education, cannot speak any Asian language but only English and are full of hate against people who are into interracial dating white/Asian, regardless their gender. They threaten not only the white man, but also the Asian girl if they see them together.
Most of them list their mix next to their name:
MasculineHapa white dad\filipina mother

EurasianTiger Hong Kong Mom / USA Dad

WWu777 Please enter your racial mix
Notice Winston didn't enter anything, so it asks for his mix.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

The_Adventurer wrote:[
Most of them list their mix next to their name:
MasculineHapa white dad\filipina mother

EurasianTiger Hong Kong Mom / USA Dad

WWu777 Please enter your racial mix
Notice Winston didn't enter anything, so it asks for his mix.
I understand now what you mean, maybe my last comment was not so clear, I was referring to those people who sent me years ago various racist hatemail and also to some still existing websites like those of Kristina Wong. This racist BS is coming out from Asian-American, who are not mixed, but born in USA and have no idea about life in Asia.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Winston's account has been detected, and they are engaging him in debate. I have not quite figured out how this Reddit thing works so it is a little hard for me to follow, but I think if you click on the title it is a link:

Apparently the thread they wrote about Winston was briefly taken down, then put back up again after screenshots of some old HA topics have been made.
You just have to create an account first and reply to the topic.

r/hapas is for mixed part Asian individuals like myself. Unfortunately, they're run by a moderator who doesn't like free speech. I was banned from there even though I'm a hapa and didn't make any personal insults. The moderator Eurasian Tiger just didn't like me. Another moderator, siberiandragon, has very similar beliefs to me. As a hapa, I'm ashamed that someone so closed minded wants to represent our movement. I even said to them, it's supposed to be a movement to help hapas, but if Elliot Rodger posted there he would just be banned.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Yohan wrote:
I understand now what you mean, maybe my last comment was not so clear, I was referring to those people who sent me years ago various racist hatemail and also to some still existing websites like those of Kristina Wong. This racist BS is coming out from Asian-American, who are not mixed, but born in USA and have no idea about life in Asia.
Yeah, I couldn't believe that. That's a lot of hate for people they don't even know. Now I wonder how many Asian Americans fee like that LoneYakuza guy who used to post here.

That Kristina Wong is something else too. Yet, somehow I bet still has a boyfriend or husband.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
coffeerox
Freshman Poster

Post by coffeerox »

Yohan wrote: Yes, there are some very hateful and violent-ready Asian-American men and women, who are highly racist and dangerous in USA.
We're dangerous now? When the hell did this happen?

They lost any connection to their country of origin in Asia, they were born in USA, speak only English, never been in Asia and feel discriminated in USA.
They are very aggressive against US-white men dating Asian American girls, but also against Asian-American girls who are dating white men.
You don't see how all races of women being discriminatory towards Asian men in America can make mental and social problems? You do realize that what you're saying legitimizes r/hapas. Not discredit them.
I think, the majority of them are originally from China or Korea, maybe also from Vietnam. I never heard about the existence of any Asian-American racist group of Thai, Japanese or Filipino however.
Then you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

This ugly race-BS is truly an American thing only - it does not exist in Europe.
Around 2000 there was this idiotic Asian-American hate-slogan about 'White men are stealing our women' (Asian women who are living in USA and cannot speak anything else but English...

The fact that you don't think this is a problem despite the overwhelming evidence right in front of you reaffirms how correct those people (and myself) are.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Asian men get a horrible deal in the west. If I was fully Asian - I wouldn't even attempt any kind of dating life in the west - my arse would
have been in the Far East as soon as I turned 18.

The problem with Happier Abroad though is that it concentrates on one part of being 'Happier Abroad' which is of course - sex.

There is a load more to being Happier Abroad than just getting laid - I can see why the site is a magnet for criticism I am afraid.

But I did like Winston's letter - it made me laugh - and he is quite correct, he is offering real time solutions to people who are having problems
in the first world. There is an alternative to living in solitude in The States. I don't see how he is responsible for some of the characters and what
they get up to when they land in Bangkok or Manila - no more than the Stickman website is responsible for their douchebags who post on there, if this
site disappeared tomorrow, people would still fly out and the prostitution industry would still exist.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote:Yohan,
Not to defend them but I understand them. As an Asian guy dating wise in the West there is blatant racism towards Asian men. And yes there is this sexual objectification for the Asian female too . Personally I think in the west if Asian guys didn't have such a hard time dating white girls there be less of this bitterness or anti-white guy thing.
I would not call it Asian guy in the West - it is obviously limited ONLY to USA, where this racist BS can exist. I never heard something so radical and aggressive from Europe.

About hard time dating white girls - I am white but I also had such a hard time dating white girls. So what about me? My dating result was absolute ZERO, I never made it up to any white girlfriend in my life, not even for 30 minutes. Who cares about me?

However I will never be hateful against other men because of that - regardless the race of a man who manage to get a white woman while he is not white - I never would even think about something like that.

In USA however you can play the race-card in full action. Men and women are obviously divided into

Asian-American (people born in USA, native language English)
White people
Black people
Latino
Native American
etc. etc.

and they all hate each other if one of them, especially of the opposite gender, contacts somebody out of his or her race for a personal relationship.. that's crazy...

If you tell me in South Korea some white men did not welcome a Korean with a white girlfriend, then my guess is that these 'white people' must be from USA, they were surely not from Europe.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

If you tell me in South Korea some white men did not welcome a Korean with a white girlfriend, then my guess is that these 'white people' must be from USA, they were surely not from Europe.
Agreed, I don't think a Brit would care, an Australian or a white South African might do though.

But then again - for all their talk of equal opportunity and whatnot - most British women would never date an Asian guy, I am mixed race British and though I would consider myself above average in looks, I'll never do as well as a below average white fella in the UK. Some British girls like black guys but most won't date a black man - not that they would ever admit this. :roll:
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

By the way Winston, creating your own subreddit for Happier Abroad might be another way to get the word out. That's if you don't want it to compete directly with the board anyway.
coffeerox
Freshman Poster

Post by coffeerox »

Yohan wrote:
chanta76 wrote:Yohan,
Not to defend them but I understand them. As an Asian guy dating wise in the West there is blatant racism towards Asian men. And yes there is this sexual objectification for the Asian female too . Personally I think in the west if Asian guys didn't have such a hard time dating white girls there be less of this bitterness or anti-white guy thing.
I would not call it Asian guy in the West - it is obviously limited ONLY to USA, where this racist BS can exist. I never heard something so radical and aggressive from Europe.
It's not limited to USA. It's all over the Anglosphere, meaning UK, Australia, Canada, etc. That you only think it's constrained to the USA shows how little you actually know.
About hard time dating white girls - I am white but I also had such a hard time dating white girls. So what about me? My dating result was absolute ZERO, I never made it up to any white girlfriend in my life, not even for 30 minutes. Who cares about me?
Think of it like this. There is a line from -5 to 0 to +5. In America, white people start at 0. Black people start at -1 and Hispanic people start at -2. Asian people start at -3. When a guy starts to add value to themselves, such as a job, working on their physique, acquiring skills, they start having points added. Let's say a white person has a decent job, good physique and useful skills, that's +3 coming from a 0. Black people would be at +2 and Hispanic people would be a +1 while Asian would be 0.

So here, a top of the line Asian guy is still a 0 and sure, he has a better chance than he did before, but the odds are still stacked against him. Because Asian men still have to face racism due to the fact that our own race is racist against us. siberiandragon from r/hapas did a test where he tested multiple dating sites as white and Asian and white got hundreds and hundreds of responses while Asian did not net many responses at all. That's what we Asian guys have to work with. What about Asian guys who did not climb to 0 and instead got stuck at -2 or -1? It's impossible with them. What would you do if you felt that it was impossible? The reality is that for you, it was never impossible. You simply didn't put the work in.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Yohan,

Actually Asian men have it hard through out the west dating wise. Maybe Europe is bit easier but not that easy. THe anglo countries are the worst.
The difference is that white guys in the anglo countries in general still can get girls. Most white american guys do find someone. Sadly many Asian American girls date out and end up dating white American guys.
So therefore you get these angry Asian guys who will say what they say. Do I blame them ? not really . In a way I understand them.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

The_Adventurer,'

loneyakuaza guy. I remember some of his post but I don't remember him being an asian militant .
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Think of it like this. There is a line from -5 to 0 to +5. In America, white people start at 0. Black people start at -1 and Hispanic people start at -2. Asian people start at -3. When a guy starts to add value to themselves, such as a job, working on their physique, acquiring skills, they start having points added. Let's say a white person has a decent job, good physique and useful skills, that's +3 coming from a 0. Black people would be at +2 and Hispanic people would be a +1 while Asian would be 0.

So here, a top of the line Asian guy is still a 0 and sure, he has a better chance than he did before, but the odds are still stacked against him. Because Asian men still have to face racism due to the fact that our own race is racist against us. siberiandragon from r/hapas did a test where he tested multiple dating sites as white and Asian and white got hundreds and hundreds of responses while Asian did not net many responses at all. That's what we Asian guys have to work with. What about Asian guys who did not climb to 0 and instead got stuck at -2 or -1? It's impossible with them. What would you do if you felt that it was impossible? The reality is that for you, it was never impossible. You simply didn't put the work in.
This is very much true, a below average white guy will always do better than an above average Asian guy in the Anglosphere - if a white guy isn't getting dates it is one of three things - they are overweight/badly dressed/jobless (things they can change)they are batting above their actual worth - most white men are sensible enough to know that they aren't in with a shot with a Natalie Portman lookalike or that they have a preference which is in short supply - they have a preference for Native Hawaiian girls but live in Omaha or something like that.

I know white guys who are nothing to look at and not particulary bright get loads of messages on dating sites, dating sites are the worst for this colour bar - but the facts are this - Asian men would happily date white women if it wasn't for the racism of the women in question.

They will never ever admit it - but white women are extremely racist when it comes to dating - where they are most candid are when they come out to Asia to live, they just flat out admit that no Asian guy stands a chance, even if it means they go without a date for years, why? There is never a reason that comes out that justifies it. It is just that they have an inbuilt racism that they are not going to deviate from.

White men are far less racist than white women and will actually date women of all colours, of course, white women is the preference for the main but a good looking woman of any colour is in with a shout of getting a handsome white man.

But if Asian men were getting the opportunities they deserved with white women - there would be no problem with who Asian women date.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

ding ding ding..YES Yick gets it. Probably one of the few white guys I ever met that gets it. Instead most white guys either assume somethings wrong with Asian men or they think of their own pain(which is what Yohan is doing) or they think this is the status Que (which I think most posters here are like) . Thank you yick.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

ding ding ding..YES Yick gets it. Probably one of the few white guys I ever met that gets it. Instead most white guys either assume somethings wrong with Asian men or they think of their own pain(which is what Yohan is doing) or they think this is the status Que (which I think most posters here are like) . Thank you yick.
No worries Chanta, well, I am mixed race myself so I know very well the racism of white women when it comes to dating, even the left wing, save a whale, donate to a tribe of pygmies in Africa type of white woman who is very left wing and socially aware - she would never date an Asian man or an Indian or a Latin American (unless he was white) because of her 'preferences'

Even white men of Mediterranean DNA have a hard time in England in getting dates, but then Anglo Saxon looking men don't get anywhere in Southern Europe either, white women are really really particular on who they date - and basically, if a white man is average looking, in shape and has a decent job - he shouldn't be struggling.

Someone like Matt Hanson is just a six month running regime away from having the pick of women he wants, I don't think 'Happier Abroad' should really focus on white men because the white men in question need to do some serious self improvement (unless they actually want to live abroad like Marcos Zeitola).

Asian American men are never going to share the top podium with white men, never never never - especially not with dating and that is because of the racist nature of white women - even the ones who claim to 'like' Asian men will use handsome movie stars and pop stars as their examples - not above average blokes, the top 1% of Asian manhood, it would be like some Asian fella going 'I like white women - look at Angelina Jolie!' it is ridiculous that the top 1% of Asian men in looks has to be brought out to compete with above average white men.

If I was Asian I would be in Asia. That is the place where you going to have something like a normal dating life, and yes, America is the problem - not Asian men.