Stuff to Ask Women on a First Date

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Stuff to Ask Women on a First Date

Post by MrMan »

Have you ever been married?

Have you ever been convicted of a felony?

I think you can get away with both. And if you set up the second question by saying you want to get to know her a little better and say it with the right tone of voice, you might get a laugh out of her and hopefully a 'no. But if _you_ have been convicted of a felony and want to avoid the topic, that might not be the best question to ask.

I know a Christian man looking for a woman from his general cultural-ethnic background who talked on the phone with a woman for a while and flew hundreds of miles to see her while he visited relatives in the same city. Only then did she tell him she was divorced. I suggested he ask that early on. If I were dating women in their 30's, I would. I didn't bother to ask when I was in my early 20's. But if I were single and dating, I would nowadays.

He went back to the home country for a trip a few months ago, met a nice young woman from church there who is around 30, kept up a long distance relationship with her, and proposed. Hopefully she can cook, because we end up at his mom's house from time to time and she comes over to ours, and sometimes we do potluck. He's got a solid nice paying job, owns some properties, is a really nice guy, active in church, volunteers, demonstrates some leadership and is a catch on a lot of levels. I didn't know about my friend's looks, but I asked my wife and she said he was good-looking, too. You'd think he'd have to fight off the women with a stick. But he wanted someone from his own culture, and his mom was very wary of American women after a bad experience with another child. And a bunch of us from church had been praying for him to find a wife, so we are all happy for him.
HappyDany
Freshman Poster

Re: Stuff to Ask Women on a First Date

Post by HappyDany »

I’m happy for him that he discovered a lovely lady from his church who is now his fiancée. It’s inevitable that we encounter some partners who aren’t right for us, but the important thing is that we find our soulmate in the end. It’s crucial to get to know our dates, and we may have to postpone the tough questions for later dates, but we still need to ask them.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

As a divorced (and remarried) man I can say there is an element of denial in our mindset. Once we are divorced, we tend to brush our past marriage aside, especially, as it was my case, we have zero points of contention left (kids or shared assets).

During my dating time in the Philippines, I would always proclaim to be "single". Only when the particularly perspective girl noticed that, in my 40s, I was a bit too old to have been "single since birth", did I confess that I had a divorce under my sleeve.

It may well be that the young woman didn't disclose her status as a divorced woman because she genuinely saw herself as single. There might have been some bad faith but, I guess, in some cases, it's just positive denial.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Stuff to ask women on a first date:
Show me your p*ssy. :lol: 8) :lol:
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!