Why does it seem Russian women are quite open?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Why does it seem Russian women are quite open?

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Hey guys,

My best experiences I had with both Russian and French women. I have tried dating all types of women, so far. I had a Russian-American girlfriend, though she was Russian and we would hook up all the time.

PS: This is not a pro-Russian propaganda. However, I noticed that they tend to be much more "open" compared to many other women and wanted to understand the phenomenon.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why does it seem Russian women are quite open?

Post by Yohan »

ArchibaultNew wrote:
August 30th, 2022, 4:24 pm
PS: This is not a pro-Russian propaganda. However, I noticed that they tend to be much more "open" compared to many other women and wanted to understand the phenomenon.
True, there are some reasons for that.

First of all, to find the majority of women outside of USA/Canada/UK and other feminist strongholds nicer and more communicative towards men is nothing really special, because females in Western countries are the lowest category of women you can imagine - not much is required for a woman from other parts of the world to appear more pleasant for a Western man.

In Russia life-time for men is really low. Life expectancy for men is only about 67 years on average.
Alcohol is one of the reason for more women around than men.

Recent war with Ukraine will make it worse, expect maybe 50.000 young Russian men missing...if you are a female from a smaller city in Russia it is not so easy to find a boyfriend.

A problem is also underpopulation, the country is wide and distances between cities are considerable.
Climate has also some influence, women often have to act by themselves, and cannot expect that men will line-up to their help.

If you can speak Russian, have some time and money and are able to tour smaller cities in Russia, I think the chance is fairly good to find a modest reasonable female willing to come with you for a long term relationship.

Keep however in mind, scammers and gold diggers are everywhere, also in Russia and I also got the impression that women willing to relocate to abroad have their own problems, like no parents and abandoned coming from an orphanage, are impoverished, or have several children, also many Russian women who are into dating foreigners are not so young, often around 40+ already etc.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Great comment Yohan. I would like to is that Anglo women are very blasé about everything. They look down on most men. Meanwhile, most other women including Russian seem relatively normal and having more realistic expectations.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
August 30th, 2022, 8:18 pm
If you can speak Russian, have some time and money and are able to tour smaller cities in Russia, I think the chance is fairly good to find a modest reasonable female willing to come with you for a long term relationship.
That is a bit of a problem, the combination of:
  1. most Westerners not speaking Russian (in itself a very complex Slavic language to learn)
  2. the logistic problem of living in a tier-2 town or rural village where almost nobody speaks English and the quality of life is stuck at 20-30 years ago (basically Soviet era)
I don't know how many men, especially American men, would be so daring to try that. It takes quite a lot of effort to be Winston again... :)
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote:
September 4th, 2022, 9:18 am
That is a bit of a problem, the combination of:

1-
most Westerners not speaking Russian (in itself a very complex Slavic language to learn)

2 -
the logistic problem of living in a tier-2 town or rural village where almost nobody speaks English and the quality of life is stuck at 20-30 years ago (basically Soviet era)

3 -
I don't know how many men, especially American men, would be so daring to try that. It takes quite a lot of effort to be Winston again... :)
1 -
It depends from where do you come from and what is your native language.
Many European languages are 'complicated' and many Asian languages are 'complicated', it's relative.
It depends what language might be useful for you to learn.

True, correct Russian is complicated by its grammar, but Russian is not really difficult for a native German speaker by its pronunciation and vocabulary.
If you try to catch Russian words as a German native speaker, your grammar will be full with errors, but Russian native speakers will still easily understand what you mean and you will improve quickly if you stay longer time in a Russian speaking region.

Russian is not so unknown in the German speaking area either, as it was taught in former Eastern Germany as an obligatory subject in school, (for example MERKEL is a good Russian speaker) and often people from Belarus have some German knowledge, and PUTIN is also a good German speaker, and late Gorbachev had a German name (GORBACH) etc. - In Austria, when I was still living there, Russian was a voluntary subject in school, and I myself have no problem to read the Cyrillic script. Also in Austria many immigrants from former Yugoslavia (especially Serbia) know some Russian etc.

There are some data, which indicate that Russian has about 260 million native speakers and more than 100 million people who speak it as a second language, not so few, but Russian language is limited somehow to some regions I am not interested at all.

(as you said correctly, basically Soviet area and around)

2 -
The problem was more about the Iron Curtain, the horrible past WWII situation in Europe, which made it difficult, even impossible to communicate with ordinary people in Russia, most parts of Russia were off-limit to foreigners and for many people living under Communist rule, especially East Germany, to dare to move over to Western countries was a life-threatening adventure, you might be shot on sight by East German border guards.
You could not travel to Russia and some other Soviet controlled countries and date a woman and bring her out to Western Europe.

3 -
About language knowledge in USA, you have basically two groups of people,

A - immigrants and their children who are often bi-lingual (WINSTON, English and Chinese) -

B -
US-citizens who don't know anything outside of their own federal state and even have no passport and can speak only English.

Such English-only speakers from USA have problems everywhere, not only in Russia, but worldwide if they travel. They expect that everybody everywhere has to understand whatever they say, They consider USA is rich and the other part of the world is poor - but this is not the case.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
September 5th, 2022, 10:29 am
Russian is not so unknown in the German speaking area either, as it was taught in former Eastern Germany as an obligatory subject in school, (for example MERKEL is a good Russian speaker) and often people from Belarus have some German knowledge, and PUTIN is also a good German speaker, and late Gorbachev had a German name (GORBACH) etc. - In Austria, when I was still living there, Russian was a voluntary subject in school, and I myself have no problem to read the Cyrillic script. Also in Austria many immigrants from former Yugoslavia (especially Serbia) know some Russian etc.
That's a nice factoid right there, didn't know! :) So Russian was actually taught as a school subject (if voluntary) even in this-side-of-the-curtains countries. I remember quite vividly that quite a few people I know took Foreign Languages as a university degree and chose Russian as their first or second language. This was the mid to late 80s, pre-wall-collapse, and Russian was still considered a viable option in a linguist's curriculum. Italy still had that special bond with Russia via its strong Communist Party and Marxist associationism.

To be honest, even those who took Russian at the academic level, probably never learned to speak it well (those university courses were 75% literature and culture and 25% language). For anyone without business or "partisan" reasons to visit, Russia was still an extremely exotic choice for a tourist. Paper catalogues of Russian brides might have existed in Europe as they would exist in the US but I was too young to know about them. The very, very odd family friend, as I learned, would choose a girl from closer Eastern European countries like Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, or Poland. Yeah LOL, countries that don't even exist anymore :)
Yohan wrote:
There are some data, which indicate that Russian has about 260 million native speakers and more than 100 million people who speak it as a second language, not so few, but Russian language is limited somehow to some regions I am not interested at all.

(as you said correctly, basically Soviet area and around)
Exactly, it looks like those Russian speakers are mostly in areas of ex-Soviet cultural influence where Russian was taught at school whether or not the populace liked it.
Yohan wrote:
The problem was more about the Iron Curtain, the horrible past WWII situation in Europe, which made it difficult, even impossible to communicate with ordinary people in Russia, most parts of Russia were off-limit to foreigners and for many people living under Communist rule, especially East Germany, to dare to move over to Western countries was a life-threatening adventure, you might be shot on sight by East German border guards.
You could not travel to Russia and some other Soviet controlled countries and date a woman and bring her out to Western Europe.
Yep, that's what I was also saying a few paragraphs above. Apart from an academic knowledge of Russian, few people had the motivation to travel there for any leisurely reason.
Yohan wrote:
About language knowledge in USA, you have basically two groups of people,

A - immigrants and their children who are often bi-lingual (WINSTON, English and Chinese) -

B - US-citizens who don't know anything outside of their own federal state and even have no passport and can speak only English.

Such English-only speakers from USA have problems everywhere, not only in Russia, but worldwide if they travel. They expect that everybody everywhere has to understand whatever they say, They consider USA is rich and the other part of the world is poor - but this is not the case.
I was making a more generic case of an average single American young man, buried in his career and life routine, with maybe 10 or 15 paid holidays a year. Of course there are plenty of outliers but, looking at the stats, the stereotypical dude who wants to find a Russian (or Slavic) bride may have a taller and thicker barrier compared to, say, a girlfriend from South America (much closer) or the Philippines (English widely understood and spoken, let alone the cultural bias).

I don't blame the guys or the Russian. I ultimately blame lack of time, willingness, down to plain laziness and, perhaps, in some cases, a little sense of entitlement which leads these young men to delude themselves that

1) Russia and ex-Soviet bloc countries are bursting at the seams with young, hot and available girls
2) said girls are literally dying to hook up and marry an average young man one, two decades older, with a working or lower-middle class income and lifestyle, living in a relatively uneventful part of the US, and not exactly looking in top shape.

Well, sure, Russian or Russophone women might be more open to move out of what is essential WW3 conflict zone. It's a big incentive which may sum up to other incentives, like solitude, poverty, lack of opportunities. Yet, as far as I see, many Russian, Ukranian, Belarusian people love living in the place where they were born, where their families and friends are. These people might get a better incentive by maybe looking for a well-off local man (which is usually not hard, especially if they are really smart & hot), before they look at the rest of Europe or the US.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote:
September 5th, 2022, 11:19 am
I don't blame the guys or the Russian. I ultimately blame lack of time, willingness, down to plain laziness and, perhaps, in some cases, a little sense of entitlement which leads these young men to delude themselves that

1) Russia and ex-Soviet bloc countries are bursting at the seams with young, hot and available girls
2) said girls are literally dying to hook up and marry an average young man one, two decades older, with a working or lower-middle class income and lifestyle, living in a relatively uneventful part of the US, and not exactly looking in top shape.

Well, sure, Russian or Russophone women might be more open to move out of what is essential WW3 conflict zone. It's a big incentive which may sum up to other incentives, like solitude, poverty, lack of opportunities. Yet, as far as I see, many Russian, Ukranian, Belarusian people love living in the place where they were born, where their families and friends are. These people might get a better incentive by maybe looking for a well-off local man (which is usually not hard, especially if they are really smart & hot), before they look at the rest of Europe or the US.
I am sceptical about conflict zones like Ukraine, I remember a while ago I met in a chatroom or forum, don't know exactly where and how, a woman from Moldovia - she was 'poor' by Western standard, but not living 'in the street'. She was interesting into talking to foreign men...

She told me that many Western men think, such women like herself are 'desperate' - but this is totally wrong. Western men it seems are often mixing up or misunderstand the difference between 'poor' and 'desperate' - to be poor does not mean automatically to be desperate and willing to relocate to somewhere else.

Another weak point about dating such women out of a conflict zone is the fact, that many of them are already married, are divorced maybe, but have children and relatives with them and do not arrive in the West alone.

Some of them who made it up into the West are also anything else but poor. Poor women often stay behind in the conflict zone with nowhere to go.

I was surprised that about 1600 women (yes, all women) from Ukraine made it up to Japan - and I received as a foreigner already requests from do-gooder's organizations to help them financially...

I was asking questions in return. How did they even make it up to Japan? I received no answer.

Asking for help? Help for what? The reply was it is so hot in Japan and the government after arrival provided them with free housing, fairly nice rooms all for free but no air conditioner in the rooms. Another one said, she wants to install internet and needs urgently a new laptop computer... and the list continues...

So what is coming over the border from Ukraine up to Japan are women who are not poor and not desperate and have to be checked with caution, I am mistrusting.

Anyway, I give nothing for sure and my frequent small donation is going to my Filipina fosterdaughter (Philippines is still a place with really poor people) - and surely not to women from Ukraine or Moldovia who are asking for note-book computers and air-condition units.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Russia is definitely a country with a lot of habits that would be considered strange in America.

I was browsing food delivery and could not find fermented food for example.

Russian women especially some of the younger ones in their early 20s some of them don't like the tedious task of making those fermented foods. So you guys probably are used to microwaving and appliances such as coffee makers and blenders right? Now, of course in Russia those are plentiful there. However, some Russian old women don't want to give up those habits of fermenting food, which may irritate their daughter when they browse the Internet.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.