Misery in Vancouver

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Bao3niang wrote:What really turns me off is the happy go lucky attitude of many people in Canada / the US, pretending everything is positive and going well. "We live in a wonderful country! Yes we do have issues but we are still way ahead of the rest of the world!" Brainwashing.

[ snipped out ]

Beijing is a hellhole in terms of having a crappy dating scene and being workaholic / work oriented, but come on at least it is in a civilization and there are many places that I enjoy going to. It's so much easier to talk with people as well.
Since you know that you're unhappy in CN, but at the same time, want some US/UK/Canadian credentials, have you given any of those distance bachelors programs some thought?

Seriously, when I was in college, some decade & half ago, none of those options were available (outside of London University). Today, there are several ways of getting a degree, while living and working in Asia. In Canada, I think even Waterloo Univ in Ontario, has such a program.

http://de.uwaterloo.ca
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.