New website on travel/culture needs your input

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

New website on travel/culture needs your input

Post by Winston »

From the smart Asian American female I've been posting from. She has an announcement for the list. Feel free to write her if you have any questions or input.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Oct 28, 2007 11:04 PM
Subject: (NAME), would love to get your help
To: karen.song@gmail.com

Dear __:

My name is Karen Song and I recently graduated from Stanford (Human Biology '06!). Since college, I have traveled to several countries, launched two documentaries, and met a number of people with a wide range of unique and insightful perspectives that enriched my experiences. Inspired by what others have to share, I want to create a meeting place where people can come together to reflect on what's happening in our world.

I am launching a website to connect socially conscious people. This is a place where people can blog about issues that are most important to them, such as breaking news, commentaries on their social environments, cultural trends, travels - basically anything that makes them tick. This is also a place where people can come to better understand the nature of foreign countries, share videos, music, and photos, raise awareness about social causes, and simply converse.

I am writing to you specifically to ask if you could contribute your perspectives on countries of your interest. Knowing that you DO X,Y, Z, I feel that the meeting place would love to hear from you. Please feel free to email me a brief reflective writing piece on your time in COUNTRY X, or any relevant photos, multimedia items. You can check out the website at http://www.globesarefun.blogspot.com for a few ideas of what I'd like to have you be a part of.

"Globesarefun" is built to promote journalistic integrity, transnational communication, cross-cultural awareness and tolerance by giving people of the world an outlet to share their views and be heard. Again, it would be great to have you be a part of this. I look forward to seeing your input soon. Please feel free to call or email if you have any questions or comments.

Sincerely,
Karen

(KQED - what you do; contact info, website url)